Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lip Smackin' Good

    Thank you, thank you Slab Town.  I fulfilled my craving for some great ribs and BBQ yesterday.  This particular craving has been building up for awhile, and it only worsened when I had some not-so-great ribs a few weeks ago.  
    Fortunately, this joint shares a bar with a Mexican restaurant and we were able to have some blended margaritas with our meal.  With the spicy sauce, it was quite a nice pairing.  
My friend and I each got the sampler platter. Yes, far more food than we needed, but since when do I care about that?  Two ribs, brisket, a pulled pork slider, a few pieces of sausage and two sides.  Between us we sampled the baked beans, collard greens, mac’n cheese and biscuits.  All the meat was tender and smoky, but the ribs were really all I wanted more of.  When I return, it will be those meltingly tender, fall right off the bone ribs that I order.  They have just the right amount of crispy char on the edges; I was full, but some magic rib power kept putting more in my mouth.  We tried the mix of their mild and hot sauces; it was thick and rich, with an addictive sweetness.  Tasted like the BBQ sauce back home.  I only needed a little pitcher of it to slather more on.  The sides didn’t blow me away, although I thoroughly enjoyed the fluffy buttermilk biscuits with the side of honey butter.  
     Before we waddled out of there, I ordered a half-rack of ribs and biscuits to bring home for my significant other.  He did a number licking those bones clean last night, but there are still a few left. I’m sure he assumes he’ll be eating them for lunch today.  However, he’s not here, and it looks like I’m getting to the fridge first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog